Fall 2022 Scholarship Essay Contest Details
Sharps' essay contest is open to all students who have been accepted to or are currently enrolled in an accredited university in healthcare related studies. We will be awarding three prizes to the top three essays chosen by our panel of judges.
Accepting essays beginning: April 4, 2022
Entry deadline: May 27, 2022
Winners will be announced: June 17, 2022
The Fall 2022 Scholarship Essay Contest is closed.
- First Prize: $1,500
- Second Prize: $1,000
- Third Prize: $750
Topic - Proactive Strategies in Long-Term Care to Prevent the Spread of Future Variants of COVID-19 or Other Endemic Diseases
Numerous U.S.-based trade organizations, from the National Center for Assisted Living to the National Association for the Support of Long Term Care, and many others, provide valuable resources to guide successful operations in their industry. Long-term care facilities nationwide are beginning to rebound after the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic has ravaged their populations and operations. Describe what proactive strategies industry leaders should promote or enforce to prevent the spread of any potential future variants of COVID-19 or other endemic diseases.
To be eligible to win Sharps’ scholarship, you must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen and have been accepted to, or be currently enrolled full-time as an undergraduate, in an accredited university for the Fall 2022 semester in healthcare-related studies. Proof of enrollment of Fall semester is required.
Rules and Regulations
- There is no entry fee or cost to the writer. No funds will be solicited by Sharps Medical Waste Services now or at any time in the future with regard to this scholarship.
- The scholarship is not open to persons or relatives previously or currently affiliated with Sharps Medical Waste Services in any capacity.
- All essays submitted become property of Sharps Medical Waste Services
- Submissions must be 1,250 to 1,500 words.
- Essays are to be submitted with a signed copy of this form.
- Cash prizes will be made payable to individual first, second, and third place winners.
- Sharps Medical Waste Services reserves the right to pay cash prizes directly to the winner's university.
- The essays will be judged by a panel of individuals selected by Sharps Medical Waste Services, whose decisions are final. No discussions or rationale for their decision will be given.
- Please include contact information, as winners will be contacted via phone or email.
- All sources must be cited properly in order to be eligible to win.
- Sharps Medical Waste Services has the right to publish the winning essay on their website.