Kentucky Medical Waste Disposal
Sharps Medical Waste Services offers Kentucky over two decades of experience in the safe, compliant, and reliable servicing of various industries' regulated medical waste (RMW) needs. Our transparent pricing means you'll never have to worry about a hidden fee or unexpected charge. We offer several scalable RMW disposal services to clients of all sizes.
We provide everything you need for safe, compliant storage, shipment, and tracking of medical and pharmaceutical wastes, including collection containers, packing and mailback materials, online tracking, and cradle-to-grave compliance.
From our Louisville, KY office, we serve the entire state of Kentucky, including these metro areas:
Custom Medical Waste Management in Kentucky
Our disposal solutions are customized according to the volume and nature of our clients' medical waste generation needs.
Our client base includes medium and small-sized medical waste generators, including surgical centers, physician offices, dental practices, veterinary clinics, tattoo shops, and medical spas. Smaller generators often struggle with compliance issues, understandably, as they have smaller staffs to dedicate to compliance and less regulatory experience.
Our medical waste management experts will work with you to design an affordable, custom RMW disposal plan that helps you and your staff comply with state and federal regulations.
Call us at 502.414.6117 to learn more.
Kentucky Medical Waste Management Solutions from Sharps Medical Waste Services
Our regulated medical waste management solutions in Kentucky range from on-site pickup for large quantities to prepaid mailers for sharps and smaller amounts of RMW. We provide online tracking and proof of disposal in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Our TakeAway Recovery Systems are specialized mailback solution systems that include a collection container designed to hold sharps and small quantities of used healthcare products. Each system comes with shipback materials and prepaid return shipping.
- The Sharps Recovery System for Trace Chemo Drugs affords the safe collection of items, such as syringes and needles, tubing, empty vials, and other items that may be contaminated from chemotherapy and other cytotoxic agents. The containers include USPS-authorized, prepaid packaging for certified disposal, including proof of destruction in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Larger facilities that generate more waste at higher frequencies can take advantage of our DOT-compliant medical waste pickup service.
- Medical waste generators whose individual locations generate variable amounts per site may benefit from a hybrid system combining both of the above options.
Kentucky Medical Waste Regulations and Compliance
Along with federal regulatory bodies, the Department for Environmental Protection Waste Management Division has oversight over medical waste management in Kentucky. Other agencies/departments with jurisdiction over various aspects of RMW handling and transportation include the Department of Public Health, Labor Cabinet, and Transportation Cabinet. The State of Kentucky offers this Overview of Medical Waste online resource as well as a searchable database of Administrative Regulations.
Medical waste disposal regulations can seem complex and confusing – but compliance is crucial.
- Safety: Improper disposal of used sharps can cause needlestick injuries among your staff or waste disposal workers.
- Cost: Trash mixed with red bag waste increases your disposal costs.
- Regulatory scrutiny: Medical waste disposal in Kentucky is subject to both state and federal regulations. Violators may face stiff fines and penalties.
Do you have the time and expertise to understand the requirements and frequent regulatory updates? Sharps Medical Waste Services does! We keep track of regulatory requirements and changes and give you the tools you need to remain in compliance.
The Sharps Medical Waste Services Advantage in Medical Waste Disposal
We have over 26 years of experience managing the safe disposal, transportation, and processing of medical wastes. Let us handle the regulatory details while you and your staff focus on your patients and your customers. The Sharps Medical Waste Services advantage offers:
- Transparent pricing – no hidden fees or surprise charges.
- Personal service – call us for help, and we answer the phone.
- Online training is available 24/7 as required by OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Cradle-to-grave online tracking with records stored in our system for five years.
- Access to an online regulatory resource that offers up-to-date compliance information.
- Flexible pickup and disposal options that work for your needs.
We offer you a one-stop solution with the materials and training you need for safety and compliance.
Call us at 502.414.6117 for free evaluation and quotes for your medical waste disposal needs across the State of Kentucky.