Pennsylvania Medical Waste Disposal
Sharps Medical Waste Services offers medical waste disposal services to small- and medium-quantity generators, such as dentists, long-term care facilities, labs, and physicians, throughout Pennsylvania. Sharps services include both transport and treatment of your medical waste. Sharps’ Pennsylvania medical waste disposal facility, located in Nesquehoning, is capable of processing 41 tons of waste per day. To meet the needs of all customers in every part of the state, Sharps offers both traditional pickup service and USPS-authorized mailback systems, with all waste delivered directly to our Nesquehoning facility for treatment.
Areas We Serve
With transfer stations throughout the commonwealth, Sharps services the entire state of Pennsylvania, including the following cities:
How Pennsylvania Defines Regulated Medical and Chemotherapeutic Waste
Pa. Code § 271.2 defines medical waste, also known as infectious waste, as:
- Pathological wastes (e.g., human tissues)
- Human blood and body fluid waste
- Wastes from animals known or suspected to be infected with zoonotic or highly virulent diseases
- Wastes from humans who are isolated to protect others from highly virulent diseases
- Used sharps
- Chemotherapeutic waste that is not classified as hazardous waste
Pennsylvania Medical Waste Disposal Regulations
Pennsylvania Code Chapter 284 contains the regulations governing medical waste management, including segregation, containerization, labeling, storage, transport, treatment, and tracking/log requirements. Sharps Medical Waste Services utilizes its 20-plus years of¬ experience and expertise to assist you in remaining compliant with Pennsylvania’s regulations governing medical waste.
Our proprietary online tracking system, SharpsTracer, provides you access to view and print proof of receipt, weights, and final destruction documents twenty-four hours a day. This information is stored online for five years at no additional charge.
Choose Sharps Medical Waste Services
Sharps Medical Waste Services is the premier choice for your medical waste management needs. We provide our clients with a complete program, including:
- Affordable, transparent prices
- Outstanding customer service
- Access to our staff of regulatory experts
- OSHA and DOT-required training
- Passcode-protected, proprietary online tracking
- Waste identification and minimization to save your facility money while keeping you in compliance
- Service to assure "30-days once full" storage requirements are met
- Proper log/shipping papers and transport
- Both pickup and mailback disposal options
Switch to Sharps Medical Waste Services, and discover the benefits of being a Sharps Medical Waste Services customer. Call us at 800.772.5657 to request a free quote for Pennsylvania medical waste disposal services.