Chicago Medical Waste Disposal
Often referred to as "Chicagoland," the Chicago metropolitan area has a population of over 9.5 million residents and is home to some of the nation's top hospitals and medical schools. Sharps Medical Waste Services, a full-service medical waste management and disposal company, serves the entire Chicago area.
With Sharps Medical Waste Services as your potentially infectious medical waste (PIMW) disposal partner, you don't have to be an expert in complex government regulations. That's our job! We create custom solutions to help you safely manage your medical waste and comply with all state and local medical waste management regulations.
Our Merrillville, IN office provides service and support to the entire Chicago metro area, including:
- Bloomington, IL
- Champaign, IL
- Evanston, IL
- Gary, IN
- Joliet, IL
- Rockford, IL
- Naperville, IL
- Schaumburg, IL
Potentially Infectious Medical Waste Disposal in Illinois
Several agencies are involved in medical waste disposal regulatory oversight and enforcement in Illinois:
- State of Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- United States Environmental Protection Agency: The Region 5 office is located in Chicago.
The Illinois EPA uses the term "Potentially Infectious Medical Waste" (PIMW) to describe regulated medical wastes.
"The complete definition of PIMW can be found in 35 Illinois Administrative Code 1420.102. All PIMW must be treated to eliminate the infectious potential, and sharps must be treated and either made unrecognizable or packaged properly prior to disposal. PIMW can only be transported by a licensed PIMW hauler to a permitted transfer, storage, or treatment facility.
With Sharps Medical Waste Services, you and your staff will have the tools you need to comply with all state and federal PIMW regulations.
Custom Medical Waste Disposal Solutions in the Chicago, IL Metro Area
Our Chicagoland customer base includes those that generate both small and larger quantities of waste, including the following:
- Long-term care communities
- Surgical care centers
- Funeral homes
- Tattoo studios
- Home healthcare providers
We work with you to create a custom PIMW disposal option that matches your facility's needs and your budget!
- USPS-authorized Sharps mailback system for facilities that generate smaller quantities of sharps and red bag medical wastes
- Pickup service at your facility for larger quantity generators
- A combination of both options to accommodate your distinct operational needs
We can provide the transport and treatment of not only your medical waste but also your hazardous and pharmaceutical wastes.
The Sharps Medical Waste Services Advantage
Medical waste disposal regulations are complicated and technical, but Sharps Medical Waste Services has over 25 years of experience in medical waste management and compliance. Our team of regulatory experts helps you and your staff comply with all federal and state medical waste disposal regulations.
Our full-service solutions offer:
- A secure, online tracking system that meets the cradle-to-grave requirements for regulated wastes
- Immediate access to an online regulatory resource that offers up-to-date compliance information
- Transparent and affordable pricing
- Superior, personal customer service
- Access to our staff of medical waste regulatory experts
- HHS-, DOT-, MCR,- and OSHA-required training available online, 24/7
- DOT-compliant transport of waste, detailed logs/shipping papers, and proof of destruction
- Flexible options for disposal: pickup or mailback
There are no hidden fees or surcharge surprises. We provide everything you need to package, label, and track your waste and remain compliant with both state and local laws and regulations.
Are you ready to get started?
Let us handle the regulatory details while you focus on your core business.
Call us at 219.661.6430 to request a free quote for potentially infectious medical waste disposal services in the Chicago, IL metro area.