Brooklyn and NYC Medical Waste Disposal
New York City was home to the first public hospital in America and is still a leading center for world-class healthcare and medical research and innovation. With 62 acute care hospitals, the NYC area has more hospitals than many states and over 50,000 physicians in practice. Also, there are numerous clinics, surgical centers, laboratories, and outpatient health providers.
Medical Waste Disposal Provider for Brooklyn and New York City
We serve regulated medical waste (RMW) generators of all sizes in Brooklyn and the New York City metro area. Our customer base includes hospitals, dentists, pharmacies, pathology labs, veterinary hospitals, long-term care facilities, physician offices, funeral homes, home health agencies, med spas, tattoo parlors, and many more diverse businesses.
Sharps Medical Waste Services designs affordable RMW disposal solutions for waste generators of all sizes. Areas we serve include:
- New York City boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, The Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island)
- Long Island
- Westchester County
- Rockland County
- Northeastern New Jersey
Contact us to learn how we can help you comply with New York state regulations and federal regulatory requirements.
Medical Waste Regulations in New York
Medical and pharmaceutical waste handling, storage, transportation, and disposal is regulated at the local, state, and federal levels by an alphabet soup of agencies and federal laws, including:
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- New York State Department of Health (DOH)
- New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC)
- New York Public Health Law (Article 13, Title 13, 1389-AA to 1389-GG)
There are strict guidelines regarding the proper treatment and disposal of regulated medical wastes in New York. It's a complex process, but all RMW generators are responsible for the wastes generated in their facilities. Non-compliance can lead to regulatory penalties, including fines.
Custom Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Solutions for Brooklyn and New York City
Sharps Medical Waste Services can help you comply with all regulations covering the safe storage, transport, and disposal of the medical wastes generated at your facilities.
Your facility is unique, so we will design a medical waste disposal system that fits your individual needs. For example:
- Sharps mailback systems for small medical waste generators, including a selection of products designed for the quick removal of waste from businesses with limited storage space
- DOT-compliant pickup service at your facility, on your schedule
- A combination pickup and mailback program, depending on the volume, frequency, or location of waste generation
All options are full-service. They include collection containers for sharps, pharmaceuticals, and red bag waste, as well as online shipment tracking and proof of treatment/destruction. You have all the documentation needed to comply with your cradle-to-grave responsibilities. There are never any hidden fees or surprise surcharges.
Get the Sharps Medical Waste Services Advantage
We're the experts! With over 25 years of RMW and pharmaceutical waste disposal experience, we can help you comply with New York State and federal waste disposal regulations. Our team monitors every proposed rule change, finalized rule, and updates our service to comply with all changes.
Our full-service RMW disposal solutions include:
- Superior customer service: Contact us by phone, email, or online chat.
- Transparent pricing: You'll never be hit with unexpected fees or surcharges.
- Access to "The Hub:" Our online regulatory resource gives you easy access to all regulations and safety documents.
- Convenient training: Our online OSHA-and -Medicare required training modules are available 24/7. Your staff can train when it's convenient on their own schedules.
- Transportation: DOT-compliant transport of waste and detailed logs/shipping documents, including proof of destruction.
- Online waste tracking: SharpsTracer is an interactive, web-based tracking and analytical program. Use it to track and verify the receipt and treatment of returned materials.
We also assist with the proper identification of wastes. Proper medical waste classification and segregation can save you money on disposal costs and keep your facility in compliance.
Ready to get started?
Call us today at 718.372.3887 to request a free quote for regulated waste disposal services in Brooklyn and the New York City metro area.