Philadelphia Medical Waste Disposal
With Sharps Medical Waste Services, you get reliable and quick disposal service of all your medical waste. Professional staff on hand works with small- to medium-quantity generators, which include physicians, labs, dentists, and long-term care facilities across the Philadelphia, PA metro area. We will handle all of your medical waste from treatment to transport to disposal at our facility in Paradise, PA.
We have a Pennsylvania waste disposal facility, located in Nesquehoning, that can handle up to 41 tons of medical-grade waste daily. To meet the needs of every single one of our customers, we offer both traditional pickup and mailback services. The waste we collect from you is delivered directly to our Nesquehoning facility for proper treatment.
The Pennsylvania Areas We Serve
While we service Paradise, PA and the entire Philadelphia area, we also offer our convenient solutions all over the commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The service area we cover encompasses the Greater Pittsburgh areas of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, Mercer, Mifflin, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, and Westmoreland.
How Does Pennsylvania Define the Regulation of Medical and Other Chemotherapeutic Waste?
Pa. Code § 271.2 defines the proper disposal of infectious waste, otherwise known as medical waste, as:
- Pathological wastes (human tissues)
- Human blood and body fluid waste
- Any animal waste that is known or suspected to be infected with zoonotic or highly virulent diseases
- Human waste that should be isolated to protect others from highly virulent diseases
- Any sharps that have been used
- Any chemotherapeutic waste not otherwise classified as hazardous waste
Medical Waste Disposal Regulations – State of Pennsylvania
Please visit Pennsylvania Code Chapter 284 for more on the regulations that govern the management of all medical wastes. This includes but is not limited to the separation, containerization, storage, proper labeling, proper treatment, transport, tracking, and logging requirements. Utilize Sharps Medical Waste Services' decades of experience and expert knowledge to help keep you in compliance with Pennsylvania’s regulations regarding the proper disposal of medical wastes.
Our in-house online tracking system, SharpsTracer, gives our customers the ability to print proof of receipts, including weights and methods of the final destruction of their medical wastes. They have access to these documents available 24 hours a day, every day. This sensitive information is stored securely online for up to five years at no added charge.
Why Should You Choose Sharps Medical Waste Services?
Sharps is the best choice for all your medical waste management needs. We will provide our customers with a comprehensive medical waste disposal program, which includes:
- Affordable and transparent pricing
- Exemplary customer service
- Convenient access to our staff of regulatory experts
- OSHA- and DOT-required training
- Passcode-protected online tracking
- Excellent waste minimization identification, which saves your business money while also keeping you compliant
- Our assurance that the "30-days once full" storage requirements are continually met
- Proper transport of waste and detailed logs/shipping of papers
- Two options for disposal: mailback and pickup
Switch to Sharps Medical Waste Services, and you will discover all the benefits of being a valued Sharps Medical Waste Services customer. Call us today at 717.455.8000 and ask for a complimentary quote for medical waste disposal services in Paradise, PA.