Sharps Medical Waste Services is a leading full-service national provider of waste management services, including medical, pharmaceutical, and hazardous waste. We work with dental practices across the country, ranging in size from one to hundreds of locations.
Our comprehensive offering includes the following:
- Single provider for medical, pharmaceutical, and hazardous waste
- Regulatory compliance experts to assist you in remaining compliant with state, local, and federal regulations
- Best-in-class treatment at state-of-the-art facilities
- 24/7 online waste tracking system with access to the following data: date waste was received, weight of waste, condition of boxes, and date and method of destruction
- 24/7 online training and compliance management system for employee training, SDS management, and OSHA-required safety plans
- Password-protected online regulatory resource, the Hub, available to customers searching for regulatory guidance on regulated medical waste and pharmaceutical waste
Regulated Medical Waste (RMW)
We offer both all-inclusive mailback disposal systems and cost-effective, compliant route-based pickup service across the country. Which option is the most cost-effective and convenient for your practice is dependent upon the amount of waste generated.
Our mailback systems are better suited for dental offices that generate smaller volumes of waste. The TakeAway Recovery System Multipacks offer multiple sharps containers best suited for countertop use at chairside and in your sterilization room for better compliance with OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. For a cost-effective and regulatory-compliant aggregation of both full sharps containers and other used healthcare products, the 20- and 30-Gallon TakeAway Recovery Systems are ideal. The TakeAway Recovery System Spill Kit is the only mailback system containing everything needed for the complaint cleanup of biohazardous spills, including broken glass and other sharps.
Our route-based medical waste pickup is the most cost-effective, compliant method of waste collection for larger generators of regulated medical waste. Our route-based pickup services include the following:
- Transparent pricing with zero hidden fees and no surprise increases
- Dedicated route-based operations team
- Experienced regulatory support
- Nationwide management of regulated medical waste
- Online resources, including waste manifest storage, DOT training, exposure control plans, medical waste management plans, and more
- Fully permitted transport vehicles per DOT, state, and local regulations
Sharps Medical Waste Services provides pharmaceutical disposal solutions for unwanted, unused, and expired medications in dental offices. The TakeAway Environmental Return System is an all-inclusive, cost-effective mailback system used to collect, transport, and dispose of non-controlled, non-hazardous medications. The TakeAway Medication Recovery System DEA Pail is a DEA-compliant and environmentally safe mailback option for the collection, return, and destruction of expired and unused controlled substances.
Sharps Medical Waste Services offers disposal and recycling solutions for hazardous and universal waste streams generated in dentist offices. Our hazardous waste experts work closely with the dental office staff to identify hazardous waste and the compliant and economically friendly disposal solutions for the identified waste streams such as dental amalgam, x-rays, fixer and developer, lead aprons, etc. Additionally, we offer recycling solutions for universal waste, such as batteries, fluorescent bulbs, and mercury-containing devices.